The mission of the Nebraska Association for the Gifted (NAG) is to promote quality education and opportunities for individuals with high abilities through proactive leadership and advocacy.
NAG is a non-profit, statewide, nationally affiliated, organization of parents, educators, business people and professionals who are interested in the education of gifted youth.
We believe that:
- Individuals with high ability are present in all races, creeds, national origins, physical abilities and economic status.
- Individuals with high ability have unique learning needs.
- Understanding the uniqueness and diversity of individuals of high ability is essential for acceptance and respect.
- Educators, parents, and community members must work together to meet the needs of individuals with high ability.
- Educators have a responsibility to be adequately trained to meet the needs of individuals with high abilities.
- Learners with high ability require a variety of challenging experiences that will enable them to demonstrate their potential.
- Educational excellence for learners with high ability require a commitment of financial and human resources.